I registered and attended a very informative webinar on federal and state posting requirements. There were over 46 changes in 2015, so your posters may need to be updated. A few changes are effective January 1, 2016 depending on the state where you conduct your business. You may purchase a 6 in 1 poster or you may post them separately. Most employers are required to display six mandatory federal posters in the workplace. There are over 20 federal laws and probably 20 or more state law posters but here are just a few of the major ones:
- EEO is the Law – Discrimination
- FLSA (Fair Labor Standard Act) Minimum Wage Law (s)
- FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act): Overtime exception
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) “It’s the Law” posters changed in 2015.
- EPPA (Employee Polygraph Protection Act)
- USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994)
There are also some state changes with additional time off for maternity leave.
For a more exhaustive list visit: http://www.shrm.org
or you can purchase them at: http://WwwJJkeller.com
**Most company’s benefits specialist, compensation consultants, human resources information specialist and the employment law attorney should keep abreast of these changes throughout the year and it is just a matter of ordering new posters if the changes are mandatory and updating your enterprise software.**